Muffins - Lemon and Poppy Seed and Chocolate




This for me is the best muffin i've been able to achieve. It's lovely and moist without being too wet and dense.

I will list the basic recipe and then add the alternative flavors I have played with.

I must point out the the oat fiber have a very strong and distinct flavor. When using the oat fiber I went with a Lemon and Poppy seed flavor - helped to mask it. That being said neither the boys nor Joel could really taste the Oat Fiber. Personal taste I guess! 

I also replaced the Oat Fiber with Whey Powder Isolate and they turned out great, so you have options other than the Oat Fiber.


Muffin Recipe

Dry Ingriedents

1/3 Cup of Coconut Flour
1/4 Cup of Oat Fiber or Whey Powder Isolate
1 Teaspoon of Baking Powder
1/2 Teaspoon Salt
1/2 Teaspoon Cream Of Tartar

Wet Ingredients

4 Ounces of Butter - Softened
1/2 Cup of Granulated Sweetener
1/2 Cup Brown Granulated Sweetener - I when using Oat fiber
5 Large Eggs
1/2 Cup Double cream
2 Teaspoons of Vanilla extract.

Mix all the dry ingredients together and set to one side.

In a large bowl mix the Butter and sugar with an electric hand whisk until smooth. Add the eggs and whisk one at a time.

Add the cream and mix manually using a wooden spoon, then add the extract.

Add the dry ingredients and slowly mixed them until combined.

Pop into muffin cases and cook for 20-25 mins at 180.

Flavours

For the Lemon and poppy seed i added 4 teaspoons of lemon extract, the juice and zest from half a small Lemon. I added this and the poppy seeds before adding the dry ingredients.

For Double Chocolate I added the Coco Powder and 6 squares of dark chocolate (chopped) after the dry ingredients went in. Depending on how much powder you use, I would suggest using more sugar.


Comments